Payzone Case Study
Payzone is a leading operator of payment processing and EPOS solutions working with over 175,000 retailers across 21 countries. Since 2001 Modeva has provided Network services to Payzone Companies within the Irish market.
- Create a high capacity resilient solution to route inbound calls from electronic payment terminals throughout Ireland.
- Retail outlets must not incur any cost in relation to the operation of the terminal.
- All calls must be routed, especially during seasonal peak shopping times.
- Rapid network response times are needed to minimise terminal transaction times for consumers.
- Using the Modeva Next Generation Network special direct routing numbers were created allowing terminals to access the Modeva Network without the retail outlet incurring any cost.
- Modeva routes calls onward to the Payzone platform directly or via an IP gateway.
- Rapid network response times are guaranteed as the whole call is carried over our carrier-grade fibre network using SS-7 signaling.
- The solution remains in place since 2001 with Modeva carrying mission critical point of sale terminal traffic across its network.
- The Speed and Reliability of the solution has been proven year after year.
- Modeva has adapted the solution to changes in technology over the years without interruption.